I love this photo because it so accurately summarizes life with two toddlers. It’s crazy and chaotic, silly and fun, messy and definitely not picture perfect. But it also brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. This year brought a lot of change for all of us. Graduation, another move, lots of time with family, big development leaps for Lawson and Sybil that stretched us as parents.
Before fully shifting into the new year, I took a look back at my 2018 highlights. 2018, you were a good one.
- Lunch and dinner with two of my favorite girlfriends in Minnesota that I hadn’t seen in far too long
- Spent Memorial Day weekend in Arizona with Jim’s family
- Potty training success!
- Final girl’s tour of LA and stay in Santa Monica
- Spent as much time at the beach as possible
- Celebrated Jim’s graduation!
- Had family photos taken on the beach
- Said goodbye to LA
- Spent a week with Jim’s family on the Jersey Shore
- Celebrated Sybil’s 2nd birthday in both Pennsylvania and Colorado
- Moved to Denver
- Lawson started preschool
- Visited the pumpkin patch 3x
- Had a blast playing in our first snowstorm!
- Started training for a half marathon
- Spent two days in Vail with my luv
- Went skiing for the first time in 20+ years
- Hosted Thanksgiving and loved it
- Quick trip to Arizona to celebrate the holidays with my favorite girls
- Our first real Christmas tree
- A perfect Christmas with my parents, brother and my luvs